Search
¤  www.lochandkey.com Forum Index
¤  View posts since last visit
¤  View your posts
¤  View unanswered posts
www.lochandkey.com
A Whiskey Society
  SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarEvents Calendar    
RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Board Navigation

Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Thru' the Keyhole Newsletter

Email

Links
Untitled Document

julios

The Whisky Professor
Brad Jarvis

scotch whisky org

Scotch Whisky Org

buffalo trace

Bulleit

Man in Skirt

Highland Park

Gordon

Malts.com

Whiskt Cast

Bushmills

Whisky Drinker

mind of men

Knob Creek

Balvenie

Barr

Van Winkle

Users On-Line

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 294 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:33 am

Awesome... except the nasty roads after

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.lochandkey.com Forum Index -> Whisk(e)y Challenge View previous topic :: View next topic  
Awesome... except the nasty roads after
zzelda
General
General

Bonus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Awesome... except the nasty roads after Reply with quote

Well... those of us who were there were THERE. Now, we all have our shower sheets so we can be 1 sheet to the wind?

Seriously, the judges had an amazing job... dealing with all those PIGS and having to sample them all to find the Best and the Worst... as well as the Creative.

I have to admit that I was so very impressed that Rick Wasmund WANTED to KNOW whatever had been done to Mercer's PIG (sorry Tim) to make it so creative... we are talking Industrial Espionage. Hush... don't tell Rick, they tried 10 different combos of 90% PIG and 10% Heaven before they settled on 10% Springbank 15 yr old for the Heaven.

Thank you guys for organizing the Repeal Day Celebration... what a fun evening it was. Anyone who missed it needs to mark 12/5 on their 2010 calendar.

Only one request for next year... better weather for the drive home.
Thanks !!! Z

Back to top View user's profile Send private message
DrEntropy
General
General

Bonus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z,

The full story of Mercer's PIG finishing is now posted on the "now we have a winner thread..." so I guess the industrial espionage has now been fully disclosed.

Can't wait to try these entries on the Good, Bad and Ugly tasting on Dec 30. Really fascinating what folks did to their entries and I'm looking forward to tasting these again while hearing the background story in real time.

Great night - it was snowing on the way home? I was happily stashed in the back of the Tundra on the ride back to Dave's house and didn't notice at all!

slainte! Tim

ps: I was a little disturbed when Rick Wasmund tasted the Julios single barrel Four Roses against the 18 day sample we "ruined" while seasoning the barrel and found the 18 day sample much better noting - now at least it tastes like something... still trying to process that assessment since he's the first person who hasn't noticably winced after trying it... I'll bring that along on Dec 30 as well. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.lochandkey.com Forum Index -> Whisk(e)y Challenge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: